Saturday, September 22, 2012

Healthier me- baby maybe?


Well here we are on the road to trying for conceiving number 2. Not even trying yet, just on the road to trying. I have been obsessing over this since we agreed to go for baby number 2 a few months ago. Around April my husband and I had a maybe baby in the future talk, which made me take a look at myself (mostly my weight) and realize this is not how i wanted to start out new pregnancy. And so began my life style change.

I have always cooked all of our meals and tried to make them healthy, but bumped it up a notch by buying into a farm share and cooking with all sorts of fabulous organic vegetables and learned to cook most meals vegetarian style. I took out all pasta (save for homemade pasta every once in a while) and focused on adding a healthy variety of different grains to our diet. Watching my portion sizes made a huge difference for me, because while i was eating healthy before I was also really over eating. BUT i deny myself nothing, and have no problem whipping up a batch of zucchini chocolate chip cookies with my little man.

Once i had the food end down it was time to get active! I spent the summer learning to run and ride a bike, because honestly i had never really done either before. Combine that with youtube Pilates, yoga and kick boxing and i was a sweaty mess, but so happy with my progress. Now here I am almost 6 months later and 60lbs lighter with one 5k under my belt! HECK YEA! Ideally i would like to loose 15 more lbs before we start baby trying, getting me to my 3rd weight loss goal (a "healthy bmi" ), but if i don't I'm ok with that. My husband really seems anxious to start baby making(or is it mini van shopping that he is excited for?) and has me wanting to start sooner then i planned. So this is it until I find another free moment!

These photo's were taken almost a year apart, with a 50lbs difference  

No comments:

Post a Comment